Gryphon has a great Safety Leadership Team composed of John Hammond, and Bruce Rasmussen. Together, this team has built a solid safety culture with the organization, and our safety record shows it. All of the safety managers are well trained through the OSHA certified training. We have also partnered with Safety Services Company and LeBaron & Carroll to provide us additional training such as their tailgate meeting programs.
A responsibility to Safety
Safety is everyone’s job at Gryphon Companies, Inc. Our safety program is more than the OSHA manual. Safety is part of our culture that is practiced every day and on every job. We have also developed processes that promote sage and sound work practices to prevent injuries and promote excellent work. Our efforts help us maintain a safe environment for our crews, as well as complete safety for our customers.
- Safety Handbook. Every employee must agree to and sign a Gryphon Companies, Inc. Safety Policy
- Monthly safety meeting and review.
- Weekly Job site tailgate meetings, including the following:
- Fall Protection
- Deck Replacement
- Securing Loads
- Lanyards & Harnesses
- Personal protective equipment
- Hazardous Materials
- Hand and power tools
- Hazard recognition and regulations
- Driving Safely
- Walking/working surfaces
- Wheel barrel Safety
- Electrical Safety
- Roof-Top loading
- First Aid techniques
- Ladder safety
- Jobsite Evaluation
- Lifting and Carrying techniques